Read it all, or at least the capitalized letters
6:00 - alright so I have no idea what is going on, everyone is shouting and there are about a million people in the room and no chairs. I'm scared, someone hold me.
- ah, now we arer going through the candidates, check out webboard for the total list of candidates
- lots sof people running for president, including so guy that they were pretty excited about
- we are the only 'joke candidate' in the category, and so far it looks like that's all for all the categories, this is good news
- oh, and a big fat man wants to speak with me after
- Spanky did, however, get a round of applause and people seemed to like the idea
- I didn't sign up some kinda referendum thing, I have no idea what that is, alright so on we go
- Dane sighed, with great dramaticy, anyway, basically wee need to have fun, but can't make the S.U. look bad, oh, and apperently we are in chage of making most of this fun, as per stated by the CRO stating that it was up to the joke candidate to make some whoopee
- now we are drawing the ballot listing order from a 'funky hat'
- presidentcy order:
1. Spanky is first, woohoo!
2. Brown, Leonard
3. Alex Abu
4. Annie Bennet
5. Rehergi
6. Gueen Poon
- I'm not too sure about how to spell the names of the other candidates, but all in all they don't really matter... Wow, people have great names,
But we are first! This is wicked awesome!!!!
Aparently they reverse the order of banner choosing, but I don't think that we are planning on using any of those anyway, so it really doesn't matter, but still, more importantly SPANKY IS FIRST, I got congratulated, it was all good.
- Bylaw 2100: "the Best ofs"
- (2400 is referendum only)
- know this, that's all there is to it.
- we need to keep a low profile as a campaign until the actual beginning of campaigning, this includes all of you peons, I mean volunteers because WE WILL be disquallified for this.
- general meeting = myer horowitz
- we were declared a 'joke candidate', really?! I found this hard to believe
- There is a meeting here, in this creepy room at the end of the hall every day of the campaign at 3:00, at least one of us, or we get fined $10.00
- we can store everything in the same meeting office, you can only access by elevator on the thrid floor of sub
- need to clean up at the end
- part 36, we need to know what it is, and be good, really good, we all need to know this bylaw and we will get in BIG TROUBLE FOR PRERCAMPAIGNING!!!
- we need records and receipts for everything
- we can't use anything or any space that everyone else can't get access to
- we can't help out anyone else
- no slates in this election, although some people asked me if they could team up with Spanky
- stay out of SU businesses, library, arcardes, Plant, even the SAFEWALK office, we cannot put up posters!
- eng 400/100 good for talks, big classes but get permission
- must be all on campus site
- no campaigning on college plaza
- He will be in for some of reading week, so we need to approve things soon, especially because it will take a long time to print
- need a layout with complete text or email the complete PDF ( I don't have) and he is likely to approve unless completely nude or swearing
- no stickers
- agenda package has 7, count 'em, 7 designated printers
- can have handbills on the edge of the posters, if anyone knows what a handbill is, please tell me because I have no idea. Is that those little things that are like the fringies with the phone numbers? People seemed excited that this is possible.
- oh, and we need to really stick to our $250.00 budget, if possible try to use inferior... er I mean recycled stuff
Hey, there's bathrooms in this room
- oh, Spanky can't be within 20 feet within the polling station, ,he can walk by but that's about it. So make sure that if you going to bring your garden gnome to school that day, keep him away from the white boxes
- we may need a sruitineer? maybe?
- we must get 5% of the first place vote or else we all owe Kate ten bucks
- we may want to keep some cash set aside for monetary deductions, although this Dane guy seems to sooner ding us on number of posters we can have, or classroom campaigning...
- we can only use the webboard for electronic postings, blog even is a touchy subject, but I'll check with him, we are only using it as a means of easy communication because otherwise we are going to have everything approved
- there can be no guests postings, (on blog or webboard)
- campaigning starts at 9:00 am on the 28th until 9:00 pm on the 8th
- we might only be able to talk to classes of < 100 students?, and no night classes
- quick meeting here to talk about how to run a campaign here tomorrow, at 4:00 (friday)
- how to get material approved:
1. Need to get a quote as to how much it costs and the format needs to be PDF, as well need printed by ___
2. Bring to Dane to approve
3. Can't buy anything without a purchase order
4. Bring back and have everything hole-punched
5. Go to print center, email what want printed, and bring up their forms, walk-up form filled out
- oh, handbills and bagtags on the edge of the poster if using good paper
- need everything hole punched before using
- websites, no one can look at until he looks over and then we can make it public at nine, first day of campaigning
- we need to buget even if we use crayons, pencils, elastics, everything
MEETINGS ARE NOW AT FIVE EVERYDAY, crap, although I think I can still make it to most with work]
- sub forums, start becomming more of a debate, include the quick speech as well
Oooh wow, that Tylenol is kicking in, I feel kinda lightheaded... Good thing I took the bus
- now everyone is yelling about the debate during the speeches, some like, some not so much, and someone yelled out that Spanky should be asking the questions (no lie) but I think that we are getting the debate team or chess club or something asking the questions... No wait, now there is something about the candidates coming up with the questions... wow, this is not working....
- I guess the Gateway will be asking the questions, ouch
- what the crap is Augustana? Is that the other campus? Apparently yes. We don't really know where we are posting, but apparently we can post in that campus? Where is this campus? What is there campus?
- Augustana travel thing? I guess that for 25$ we can go down to put down posters, unless we email him first and then we can all car-pool buddy-buddy like. This could be crappy, especially if it tends to be a girl, they seem to be the whineyist. There's this red-head at the end and she seems really angry. Like about eveerything, there's always something wrong. Oh, we have to email him 48 hours before we leave
- on the 5th or 6th we can send and email to EVERY FREAKING STUDENT on campus, and a link will go to each of us, we are allowed of a small blurb (100 word biography, and 200 words extra) and 120-100 pixel pictures
- MIDNIGHT on the 22nd we need this (tuesday)
- for the gateway we have about 200 words, have that ready right away
- ah we got a quick little break, ah the excitement, ooh, I have a phone message.... nothing important, wow, that's even more exciting
Wow, I think my headache is worse. Really I think that we should have started work on this like two weeks ago, more serious work anyway, I'm never going to sleep again
7:20 Next on the agenda is picking table and banner spots, the angry redhead was quite miffed about this one because no everyone is here or something. Hey, I have no coat, I wonder when that happened?
- So I'll be getting us one, count'em, one table so we can hand out bag tags and now they are quoting Napoleon Dynomite... Gawsh....
- but yeah, so if anyone want's to hang out at the table and hand out bag tags, they can do homework too. I guess that they aree free so we don't have to worry about cost
- I guess that this took like 40 minutes last year, I really hope that it's faster because I don't know how late the buses run and then I'll have to get Daddy to pick me up, and maybe take me out for sushi... I'm hungry
7:30 it's dark out, and there some old creepy couple walking. Just thought that I'd say that
- wow, I mean that they aregue everything, like order of picking as well as well as if we are going to reverse that order, gah, this is so dumb, no wonder it too so long
- ooohh Sean Penn is running... wait, no, not the movie guy, never mind
- hey he called out spanky, I'm third to last, yahoo
- I will have crappy banner selection, no wait… tables, banners are reversed
8:50 Well the feeding frenzy is over, gah. I need to email some people. So we have tables, lots of them, I’m not sure if we’ll have to use them all but here’s the list:
On the 1st: BioSci (1), and SUB (2)
2nd: BioSci (1), EdN (1), and SUB (13)
3rd: CAB (2), Tory (1), and SUB (5)
4th: CAB (7), EdN (1), and SUB (7)
7th: Tory (3), SUB (4)
and 8th: CAB (7) and EdN (4)
- and we have two banner times, SUB 4a (week 1) and 7a (week 2)
- we really had no choice, I had to take them all although I don’t know if we have to use them
9:00 A rather large man tapped me on the shoulder, Chris Henderson (Student Ombudsman) if we need help, call him, I guess he put together the Selleck thing a few years back and was happy at least one joke is running.
Well I’m off to try and find a bus, I hope you are all having pleasant evenings, studying, eating, sleeping… everything I’m not doing, well I hope you fail, choke, and have nightmares
Sorry, I’ll be more pleasant on March 9th. Bye

1 Comments:
Oh, and did I mention we are FIRST on the ballot? Bwa ha ha
Post a Comment
<< Home